Osiris Collimator for Grantecan
THALES SESO designed and manufactured the Collimator Assembly for the OSIRIS instrument delivered to the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (IAC-Tenerife).
This equipment is installed at the focal plane of the GRANTECAN telescope.
Thanks to a fast and accurate tilting mirror, it is mainly used to correct the primary effect of the atmospheric distortion which is actually the Tilt effect. This assembly is of large dimensions and includes an off-axis aspherical lightened mirror and a motorized Tip-Tilt mount.
The main characteristics are:
• Mirror size = rectangular 575mmx570mm
• Mirror shape = off-axis ellipsoidal (highly aspherical)
• Mount size = 1,2m, roughly triangular frame
• Motorisation capabilities :
– Angular Range : +/- 1 mrad
– Resolution : 0,25 µrad
– Speed > 4 µrad/s²
– Acceleration > 0,035 µrad/s